Monday, August 3, 2009

On Dead Lines

Although lines don't die, deadlines are nevertheless an ugly fact of reality. In particular, the opportunity to submit a talk for Eclipse Summit Europe 2009 is rapidly reaching its inevitable conclusion. This year's drop dead date is August 19th so you have just barely over two weeks to dilly-dally before it's too late. After that, it will just be so much water under the bridge, or is that over the falls...

The runtime folks are certainly off to a running start with their submissions---not that I'm competitive or anything---while the modeling submissions are sadly lagging. No doubt folks are busy modeling their submissions first and will hence be far ahead of the game in the end. Of course my whining is really just a case of the pot calling the kettle black given that I've not yet submitted a proposal for the modeling symposium, as I committed to doing several weeks ago. In my defense, I've been traveling and Vancouver was way too beautiful to spend at a computer! To my credit, today I'm working during a holiday.

1 comment: